Please read this. You will be asked to view it again when you bring things in…
[ Note: A ‘repairee’ – referred to below – is the person bringing the item for repair. Where this is not the person who owns the item, the repairee must have got the permission of the owner to bring the item for assessment and, where possible, repair]
1. All repairs carried out at the Falmouth & Penryn Repair Café are performed free of charge on a voluntary basis by the repairers. Voluntary donations are welcome to help pay for venue hire, lunch and refreshments for volunteer repairers, publicity materials and the development of Repair Café events in future.
2. Repairees are encouraged to work with the repairers whenever practical to see how the repair is being done and to pick up new skills.
3. Repairees are expected to remain with the repairer while the repair is being carried out. Items should not be left with the repairer for collection at a later time, except by special arrangement.
4. Neither the organisers of the Falmouth & Penryn Repair Café nor the repairers are liable for any loss or injury that may result from any repair carried out at the Café or for any advice or instructions given and used at a later date.
5. The repairee is responsible for providing any consumables such as leads, plugs, fuses, zips, etc that may be needed to fully complete a repair.
6. Repairers offer no guarantee for any repairs carried out with or without their help, and are not liable if any repaired items do not work properly at home or break down again in the future.
7. After making an initial assessment of an item, repairers are fully entitled to use their discretion and refuse to repair an item should they decide to do so. When a professional repair service is needed, Falmouth and Penryn Repair Café will, if possible, suggest a local provider.
8. Repairers are at liberty to refuse to repair and/or reassemble any appliances that are deemed to be hazardous, semi-hazardous or beyond repair.
9. Repairees are responsible for the removal of all items that cannot be repaired.
10. Normally, a maximum of ONE item per person will be examined. Should time allow, extra items can be considered for repair.
11. Parents will be held responsible for the behaviour and safety of their children whilst on the Falmouth & Penryn Repair Café site.
12. Repairers and repairees consent to photographs/video taken at the Repair Café being used for publicity purposes. Please make it clear to the photographer if you do NOT wish your photograph/video to be used in this way.